Finally the day is there: the release of Find the Gnome.
Months and months of work, hours and hours of crunch-time. And here we are.
As on 01:00 Central European time, this game is downloadable in the Steam shop.
The version that is now live is the v1.0.0 version. And as tradition dictates, there are some update notes attached to a version bump:
- Music added. 1 menu track, 3 tracks that play while searching for gnomes.
- Gameplay mechanics altered with a ‘Chaos’ indicator (more on this in the next update)
- On the loading screen there is now information about the game type you are playing and what you are expected to be doing.
- Added the scientist gnome type. That makes it for a total of 3 types of behaviors: run, teleport and callback.
- Gnome animations. Weird ones shiver. And they turn to each other before interacting.
- Story level 3. Makes a total of 3 now, only 1 still remaining. (Yes the release is without the last story level, it will be added in a next update)
- Hide-n-seek medal system. You now have times to complete with in the timed mode. (Though not fully implemented yet: it is lacking some visual feedback)